Monday, July 20, 2009

Lightning, rain, tire change and a scooter ride

Monday July 20 Lunedi 20 Luglio

First thing in the morning (actually second, coffee is always first) we go to the Honda shop whose business is really 4 wheel ATV and farm vehicles. He would change the tire if it was an emergency but as it is not we go on our way. He suggested that we stop in Mandan, North Dakota at the big dealership there. Today will be less than a 200 mile day so we have time to spare. On the way we are watching the lightning in front of us as well as the rain. We finally stop and dress up for foul weather. It never did get really bad but the temperature did get into the 50s for awhile. We stop in a small town for coffee and have a breakfast sandwich which is in fact a surprisingly good breakfast burrito. We arrived at the Honda dealer in Mandan and they are very good about doing the tire immediately. Linda and I look around the dealership and she suggests I pick something out for a birthday present. We look at gloves but there is nothing that I like. Linda goes outside to sit by the bike and read while we wait for Clint's tire change. I find out that the shop has a used Suzuki Bergmann motor scooter and I ask to ride it. They agree so I get on it and ride up to Linda and tell het that I found my birthday present. She decides that it is not an acceptable gift but she does go for a ride with me. This scooter is very powerful and has incredible acceleration. Alas, there is only so much room in the garage and in the budget so I say good bye to the scooter and we leave for the KOA campground. The campground has no cabins available so C&C go off to a motel and Linda and I set up the tent for the night.


Jack & Linda test a scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment