Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Deep in the heart of ??

Tuesday August 18 Martedi 18 Agosto

The stars at night,
Are big and bright,
clap clap, clap clap,
Deep in the heart of Texas
Yes, here we are. When we crossed the border I told Linda that the next state was our home. But I did not mention how far it was to New Mexico from the border by Shreveport. But we are taking the interstate so the miles fly by. Interstates are hopefully not too exciting so Linda reads instead of staying on alert for photo opportunities. Which means she missed the Russian Mig fighter in front of the antique store in Forney. I snagged the photo from the internet. I did not look for the price. I am not in the market for a jet plane, even if it has a red star. Going through one of the Dallas interchanges we notice that the supporting pillars have a star emblem on each of them for The Lone Star State. We finally arrive at the offramp where I will call Mark that manufactures the tire changer that I am interested in. We go to his garage and I give it a test on a GoldWing rear tire. Linda gets ready to plug her ears from vulgar words of language as she has heard me change these before. But this tool makes short work of the job. I have tried others but this is the best yet. So I order one and we leave for Wichita Falls where we will spend the night. CnC are to be there tomorrow so we have to arrange if and how we will meet as Linda and I are now a day ahead of them. Passing through Denton where I need to change highways I see a billboard for "Kolache Haven" at offramp 465 which is only 4 miles out of the way. Kolaches are a Czech pastry and were an important part of Linda's childhood life. The last one I bought her was over a year ago when I stopped in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and brought some back to Albuquerque. So naturally we went to Kolache Haven which had closed an hour earlier. But at the end of the day they take their unsold merchandise to the store next door. We got an assortment for 1/2 price and of course ate some in the parking lot. Then it was back on the road to Wichita Falls and the motel. We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant just up the street. Linda showered and fell asleep early. I am still going but it is time for me to call it a night also. Just as soon as Clint Eastwood shoots all the bad guys. 380 miles

Il nostro posto oggi e' lo stato di Texas. Ho detto Linda che il prossimo stato sara' New Mexico ma non ho detto che bisogniamo 2 giorni per arrivare in New Mexico. E' lontano dal bordo est al bordo overst. C'e un uomo a Dallas che fa una machinetta per cambiare i pneumatici sulle moto e io ho voluto provarla. Siamo fermati a casa di lui e l'ho usata sulla ruota anteriore dalla stessa moto come mia. Ho provato qualche altri ma non mi piacciono. Questa era il piu' facile per usare cosi ho comprato uno. Si deve pagare $30 al concessionario qui per ruota e io cambio molti ogni anno. Anche abbiamo visto un negozio che vende un aero dalla Russia. Non ho spazio nel garage. Ho deciso a guidare sulla strada diversa per evitare il traffico nella citta. Buona decisione perche' ho visto un cartello con una pubblicita per una paneterria che fa i Kolache. Kolache e' un pasticcino dalla Repubblica Ceca come la nonna di Linda. Linda ha mangiato sempre quando era giovane. Cosi abbiamo comprato una dozzina. Veramente niente arriveranno in New Mexico! 380 miglia


Mig at antique store
E' possibile comprare ogni cosa negli
Stati Uniti


Lone Star emblems on the pillars


GL1800 rear tires made easy
Ho comprato perche' fa il lavoro facile


My favorite Czech girl with a scrumptious KOLACHE
but are they as good as Grandma made?
Mia amore con un Kolache di Texas ma i kolache dalla
sua nonna erano piu' buoni.

No comments:

Post a Comment