Monday, August 10, 2009

Florida Gators

Monday August 10 Lunedi 10 Agosto
Today we were more interested in getting from Savannah, GA to Titusville, FL than we were in sightseeing. So we took I-95 most of the way. We did see some nice rivers and swampy marshes some of which were labeled as manatee habitats. We did not see any manatees but we did see lots of Florida I-95 Gators. They look just like New Mexico I-40 gators. Big pieces of truck tire tread laying all over the highway. One truck blew a tire out in the north bound lanes just as we were passing by. Then we saw another truck that had been next to us stopped on the side with a bare rim sitting down on the ground. Evidently the inside tire also went flat so he had a lot of work to do. Are recaps really worth the initial cost savings? My GPS is not working at all except to display the map and my current location. Tonight I bought a cheap replacement to get us home. We will see how it works Wednesday. If we were taking major highways I would not need one at all but when zig-zagging on back roads it is a big help. 260 miles


Typical wetland area

No comments:

Post a Comment