Monday, June 29, 2009

Lions, Tigers and Bears, Oh My! and Matt, Kitty, Doc and Chester

Monday Evening June 29 Lunedi Sera 29 Giugno

So today I left for Tulsa to meet the Australian group which is now 6 people. There is a big Honda motorcycle rally there. I am riding there with my friend Deane who I went to Australia with to ride around the country on rented bikes. We are now in Dodge City, Kansas which is of course the setting for the old TV show Gunsmoke. They have a nice replica of an old western town and a museum here but we will be gone tomorrow before it opens for business.
We also passed through Liberal where there is a replica of Dorothy's house from the movie Wizard of Oz. There is an interesting museum about the movie there. Linda and I have been through both the Liberal and the Dodge museums before.
Today I saw a truck carrying a smaller truck which in turn was carrying a motorcycle so I took a picture. We also passed some large wind machines for generating electricity. Underneath them was an old windmill for pumping water. What a contrast between the old and new. I took a picture but the windwill would be too small to be seen on a webpage.
470 miles today.



Dorothy's house, can you see the yellow brick road?

No comments:

Post a Comment