Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Wheel Today?

Tuesday Morning Martedi Mattina

Yesterday I had a lot of free time so I naturally went for a motorcycle ride. First I went back to the road up to the Bristlecone Pine National Park. On hot days my bike can run hotter than normal on this type of slow uphill climb. I had made a modification to see if I could change this but yesterday was actually quite cool so I could not test it. Then I rode north about 100 miles to the old mining town of Bodie. I have wanted to see this town for many years and decided that today was the day. I was told by friends that it was a long, bad, dirt road to get there. Not true, it was 13 miles of pavement and 3 miles of dirt road. It was well worth it and I will come back with Linda when we can stay a whole day and when it is not cold, raining, hailing and windy. So far in 3 days of riding I have encountered rain every day. Total mileage for the day was about 275.

CnCTrip 056(1)

Ieri ho molto tempo libero cosi naturalmente ho guidato la moto per piacere. Sono ritornato a una strada stretta e ripida. L’anno scorso su questa strada il mio motore ha avuto un problema con calore. Ho fatto una modifica e ho volute fare una prova. Ma il tempo aveva freddo e il motore non e’ surriscaldato. Poi sono andato nord ~100 miglia alla citta fantasma (abbandonato ) chiamato Bodie. Questa citta e’ esistito per l’oro sotto la terra. Voglio ritornare con Linda quando e’ possible per stare tutto il giorno a quando non c’e pioggia, venti, tempo freddo e grandine. 3 giornate nella gita e c’era pioggia ogni giorno. Ho guidato ~275 miglia.

No comments:

Post a Comment